WRESTLEMANIA 17 might be my favorite Mania.
The WWF was dominating the world of pro-wrestling at this point, having just bought ECW and WCW to use as storyline fodder and DVD bonus features. The undercard was great with most matches having some sort of actual feud and not just tossed together like a lot of Manias. The TLC match was a thing now and making stars out of 3 tag-teams and making the tag-titles meaningful. Plus Triple H and the Undertaker teamed up to give Taker his only good Wrestlemania match to this point.
But even with such a big card, the main event stood apart as something special. You had the Rock and Stone Cold putting another chapter on their now storied rivalry but adding new twists. This match would feature them both as hugely over babyfaces, both undeniably the biggest stars in the sport at this time and still in their primes. And on the horizon for them, Rocky’s first shot at being a movie star and Austin’s first heel turn since he became one of the biggest draw in WWE/WWF history. We might never get another Wrestlemania match-up like that main event again.
11 Notes/ Hide
- wwesweetchinmusic reblogged this from nofightinggravity
- ihateallthepeople reblogged this from nofightinggravity
- analcunt562 reblogged this from nofightinggravity
- gennnnii likes this
- ofthedeaddesigns likes this
- wwe-espn-nascar reblogged this from nofightinggravity
- coreyblair likes this
- skippingtracks likes this
- pistolerodelinfierno likes this
- sargentapimienta reblogged this from nofightinggravity
- tahleigha likes this
- nofightinggravity posted this